9/25/09

9/25/09 Friday GO!

1. This is the "road" edition of Friday GO! I'm on the west coast (of Florida). Actually, I'm in the place where that photograph hovering somewhere in the left nav was taken. Currently sitting in the Ritz Carlton. Can't complain. Free wi-fi, comfy sofas, convenient electrical outlet. Worked for a while, then walked down to the beach. Stayed there for about 5 seconds; long enough to dip my ankles in the Gulf, and then headed back up to the safety of the shade. It's too bad, because I would totally swim in the Gulf: it's clear, it's flat, it's not too crowded. And I do have a swimmy suit with me, but it's in the valet-parked car along with my sunscreen. So... maybe later. When it's dark. Don't worry, I'll still be able to see because I'm so blindingly white that I'll glow.

2. My uterus is doing really, really well. I am so pleasantly surprised. I think that's all I'm going to say about that, because everything is TMI for such a short ordered list. But maybe a longer post later, because I think it's all pretty interesting, and I wish that I had found a normal person who blogged about the whole thing, instead of all the crazy people who posted on the message boards.

3. Dodged the layoff bullet. Extremely thankful. It's not necessarily permanent, it's good for now. See, I don't have what you would call a career path. I love my job, and enjoy this field that I'm, but it's not something that I've specialized in nor spent excessive time and money to study. If you asked me about my 5-year plan, I'd say: PlayFest, SPF, Humana Festival, and the domination of theater in Florida. While those are awesome credentials, they're not exactly going to earn me big bucks... so I'll add another one: royalties. I need royalties.

4. Uh, what else? I had a fruit plate, sitting outside on the shaded patio. It came with fruit dip. I like dips... ranch dressing, onion dip, hot spinach dip, as well as hummus, babaganoush, salsa, and all manners of tapenade. So fruit dip is pretty close to awesome. Usually, it contains marshmallow fluff or peanut butter, possibly some cream cheese. Delicious. Dips tend to counteract the healthiness of whatever you're putting in them, no?

5. Last night at drummy, we had some new people. They weren't strangers, but friends of other students, so they weren't completely unprepared. Of course the skin on their hands shredded like cheap chiffon. Imagine my shock when I heard myself giving them counsel! I was, for a moment, the knowledgeable senior student! Mostly just grateful that my hands no longer rip open. The secret: Corn Huskers Lotion. Seriously. Changed my life.

(I have a lot to be grateful for.)

No comments: